Thursday, December 11, 2008

Artist Statement

Welcome to my beautiful portfolio! In this unique page you will find many pictures of my work in my Digital Photography Class im taking this year with my wonderful teacher named Ms. Cook. In here, you will find things like photographs with Leading Lines, Macro, Self Portraits and many artistic things. I feel very proud of myself and the work that is showen in my portfolio. Over this semester, I've learned so many things involving taking pictures and using Photoshop! I've learned how to be more artistic when it comes to taking pictures and creating new masterpieces.

I personally think I was more successful with my Lyrics project. Why? Simple, because I got to show my artistic abilities and push myself more to show how far I've progressed. I also think I am more successful in Photoshop. When I first satrted this class, I had no idea how to make a picture look more artistic and I had no idea how to use all the tools I know now such as The Lasso Tool, The Magnetic Tool, and other useful things.

The one project I struggled in the most would have to be Huanted Chavez. I thought that was really hard for me to do. It took me a lot of time to figure out how I was going to make Chavez scary. I did try my best, but I don't think it was my best work. Another project I struggled in was my Scary Expression (My Zombie Face). I had to turn myself into this scary zombie, but I had no idea how to do it. At first I thought it was going to be easy, but looks can be deceving. Instead of being scary I turned out to look funny and wierd.

I think as time goes by, I will learn more things and hopefully be better at it. I love taking pictures and now more than ever I love making pictures look more artistic rather than their original view. During the time I've had Digital Photography Class, I've imporved in so many things. I look at a picture and I look at it different then how I usually did before. I see beauty rather then just a simple photo taken. This class has helped me see the world different and to look at its beauty.

So there you have it, this is my portfolio so far other great works are yet to come! My portfolio is one of a kind and in my work I express my personality through pictures and writing. I started from knowing nothing about photo's and photoshop and Im ending up learning more than I could ever imagine. I love my portfolio and everything I've done so far. I know there will be many more things to learn and do and Im looking foward to them. But for now I really hope you enjoy viewing my photo's and writing in my portfolio. Have fun looking!

No comments: