Monday, September 22, 2008

Self Portraits




For our Self-Portrait project we were to take three self-portraits. They were all to be in black and white, and they were all to capture a mood of some sort. We were also challenged to be as artistic as possible, and stay as far away from normal, cliche portraits that we see on personal pages etc. as possible.One had to use the rule of thirds as the base for the composition; One had to incorporate leading lines, and one had to be taken from a more extreme angle.
My Self Portraits came out really beautiful and I love them. It took a while to get this far but in the end I got them perfect. There was a bit of struggle but it was worth it in the end. The picture I think was the most successful was the leading lines portrait. Not only because I have a line leading to me, but how im positioned and how the camera is a little close up and you get to see a closer look at me. Next time I would tell my partner to zoom in a little more so that the building or whatever is in the back as a background doesn't show. But overall I thought I did a excellent job on all three of my portraits!

1 comment:

Miss Cook said...

Your portfolio is looking good! Keep up the great work!